I have a great weakness for the "Martin Guerre" premise - the hero who takes the place of the bad husband.
Could It Be You by Mary Anne Wilson (HAR 523)
(1994, Contemporary Series) 3/19/2005
Grade: 3
Mac Gerard is a drifter, on the run. When he meets his double, and sees him killed in front of him, he decides to change lives with this stranger. But he finds that life as Charles Elliott is more complicated than he thought - and his new wife, Sean, is someone he’s always dreamed of.
I love this type of premise, but unfortunately, this book is just too short and too superficial to really delve into the situation. The first part of the book is compelling - when Mac falls into this situation, and decides to change lives. I liked Mac and found his situation fascinating. But the book gets caught up in the plot mechanics and doesn’t really delve enough into the characters and their emotions. In the end, it’s not enough.
Not much to say - a disappointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I got that one after reading the DIK review at AAR. I'll have to dig it out of my TBR and see if I feel the same!
Post a Comment