Linda Howard is one of my least favorite authors - her alpha heroes make me want to hurl - but after all the online buzz about this book, I picked it up at a used bookstore.
To Die For by Linda Howard
(Suspense, 2005) 2/26/05
Grade: 4
Former cheerleader Blair Mallory now has a comfortable life, running her own gym. But when one of her clients - who looks just like her - is murdered, she finds herself at risk. At least Lt. Wyatt Bloodsworth is on the case - even if he dumped her after 2 dates. Except all he wants to do is get her into bed!
Cute, and surprisingly enjoyable for a Howard. Normally I hate her “alpha jerk” heroes, but even though Wyatt leans toward alpha territory from time to time, the humorous style of the book makes him less objectionable. The book is written in the first person, and it works here - a slightly airheaded cheerleader heroine probably wouldn’t have worked in third person, but in first person, you get to know her and sympathize with her. I probably won’t remember much about this book in a month, but it was a fun, quick read.
I guess this book shows the value of trying something different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just finished this also. I thought that Linda Howard had a blast writing it. The first person didn't bother me at all. Blair was a fun character.
Post a Comment