Sometimes the flawed characters are the most interesting.
Sweet Baby by Sharon Sala
(1998, Contemporary) 6/11/06
Grade: 4.5
In many ways Tory has never recovered from her childhood - her mother’s disappearance, her years in foster care. She still can’t commit, or risk the hurt of loving again. Her sporadic relationship with Brett Hooker is the closest she can come to love. But if she can find out what really happened in her past, can she free herself and allow herself to love again?
I loved the characters in this book - the way Tory is still damaged from the pain of her past, the way Brett loves her despite her flaws. Their relationship seemed so real. Even though the mystery storyline was crucial to the plot, I resented the time it took away from the character development. But still, the book was very satisfying.
I couldn't quite figure out how to grade this one, but I liked the characters so much, I had to give it a little bit of extra credit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment