I've never been a big fan of Barbara Metzger - I've read several of her books, but her humor doesn't really work for me, and I find most of her books a bit dull. But people keep giving me her books, assuring me that "you just haven't found the right one yet". This one was most highly recommended.
A Loyal Companion by Barbara Metzger
(1992, Regency) 12/24/05
Grade: 3.5
Fitz is the loyal dog of high-spirited Sunny, and he’s determined to protect her and find her a proper mate. After some false starts, he discovers Darius Conover, a war hero with a bad reputation. Fitz will do anything to see his mistress with the right man - and Darius is just the one for her.
Cute and fun - you don’t read many books that include the dog’s perspective. Fitz’s unique narration kept me laughing, and kept me reading. Unfortunately, the rest of the book wasn’t that interesting - the hero and heroine are kind of bland, and the story runs out of steam about halfway through, even though the book is very short. If it hadn’t been for Fitz, I probably wouldn’t have finished it.
I think this will be my last Metzger...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment