Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Catching Up

I've been woefully behind in keeping up with this blog, mostly because I haven't been reading very much! I read this J.D. Robb book back in January, but haven't read much of anything since then.

Memory in Death by J.D. Robb
(2006, Suspense) 1/22/06
Grade: 3.5

Eve is paid a visit by an unwelcome visitor from the past - her foster mother, who abused her as a child. Soon, she turns up dead, and Eve is determined to find the truth - in part because she doesn’t care about the victim and might have wanted her dead herself.

Although it has some fun parts about Christmas, this one didn’t do much for me, for some reason. The mystery part of it just wasn’t that interesting, and I had no trouble figuring out who and what and why. There were some nice character moments for Eve and Peabody (always welcome!) and some between Eve and Mira, but I found it surprisingly easy to put down.

I always find the Robb books readable, but the last couple haven't done a lot for me.

No comments: