I've had this book in my TBR since it first came out! And I finally got around to reading it. (That's not a critism of Carlyle, I have lots of great books still in my TBR.)
My False Heart by Liz Carlyle
(1999, Regency Historical) 4/3/06
Grade: 4.5
When Elliot Armstrong, the marquis of Rannoch, gets lost in the rain, he finds himself in the warm and loving household of Evangeline, an immigrant artist with many family responsibilities. He finds himself wanting to belong there, to forget his unhappy and dissolute life in London. But Evangeline has her own secrets, and she’ll need his help to escape.
Although it’s confusing at the beginning, I found myself drawn in by this complex and compelling story. The characters are wonderful, very well drawn and believable. The pacing is a little bit off, and there are a lot of characters to keep track of, but overall, this book kept me turning the pages. It was like picking up a rich chocolate truffle after weeks of eating Hershey’s kisses.
My TBR is getting smaller, although very, very slowly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment