Cop books have never been one of my favorites, but I was hopeful since Virginia Kantra is so highly regarded for her emotional reads.
The Reforming of Matthew Dunn by Virginia Kantra (SIM 984)
(1998, Series) 6/16/05
Grade: 3
Since her husband’s death, Clare has devoted herself to a garden project that helps troubled kids in a rough neighborhood. But when injured detective Matthew Dunn moves in across the street, she finds herself longing for something more - despite his more cynical view of her work and her ideals.
There’s nothing wrong with this book, but nothing particularly outstanding either. The plot and characters were both well done, but predictable. Nothing stood out - I felt like I’d read this book a dozen times before. Some authors can take a familiar plot and make it new, but this book just felt like a retread.
Unfortunately, Virginia Kantra has been a disappointment to me so far - but I still have hopes (and many of her books in my TBR).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment