I vaguely remembered that this book was an "alternate history" but halfway through the book, I had to go online and figure out what exactly was changed. I guess I've forgotten most of my Tudor history...
Prince of Hearts by Katy Cooper
(2000, Tudor Historical) 5/8/06
Grade: 4.5
In a slightly altered Tudor England, Prince Edmund meets and falls in love with Lady Cecilia Coleville - but he knows he cannot marry her. Even though they both know their relationship is impossible, the attraction between them keeps growing stronger.. as political machinations play out around them.
An interesting book with a lot of fascinating court intrigue. I barely registered the “alternate history” part of the book (Henry VIII is replaced by a brother who actually died in childhood) but it felt real. I liked the characters, and the sexual tension between them was especially well done. At times, the book felt a little bit padded with Celia’s relatives - even though the barrier between Edmund and Cecilia is real, there wasn’t a lot of story here - but the strength of the characters and the historical background made it well worth reading.
Another book I've been saving for a long, long time: I bought this new back in 2000.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment