There's something about a man who can cook that just makes my toes curl...
Beauty and the Black Sheep by Jessica Bird (SSE 1698)
(2005, Contemporary Series) 5/4/06
Grade: 3.5
Frankie is about to give up on the run down B&B she inherited from her parents, when chef Nate Walker shows up at her door. She’s desperate to keep the place going for her grandmother and sister, and he needs a job for the summer - but can their attraction lead anywhere, with their future plans taking them in different directions?
This was an easygoing book, and I always like a chef hero. The characters were sympathetic and interesting, and I like the author’s easy style. The sexual tension between the hero and heroine is also nicely done. There was one plot point that kind of annoyed me, but the author didn’t belabor it. Overall, not particularly memorable, but an enjoyable read.
Nice enough, but I can't remember much about it, a few days later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment