I was intrigued to see a series book that featured a vampire - I like vampire stories, but I don't particularly like the "wacky vampire" books that are so popular now, or the "alpha jerk lifemate" stories in the Feehan mode. But I'm always eager to try a more traditional kind of vampire hero
Embracing Darkness by Margaret Carter
(2005, Contemporary Series) 5/25/06
Grade: 3
When Linnet goes looking for the woman who caused her niece’s murder, she finds something unexpected - a vampire. He’s looking for the same woman, who killed his brother. Although Linnet is rather shocked to discover that her niece was dating a vampire, she finds Max surprisingly appealing - and he finds her attractive too, for a lesser being.
An interesting take on the vampire story, with nice chemistry between the hero and heroine. Unfortunately, the story is mostly focused on suspense and action, which keeps taking away from the characters just when I was getting interested in their relationship.
It's probably clear that I'm not a big fan of suspense. But I'm surprised that anyone would think a run-of-the-mill action story is more interesting than exploring a relationship between a human and a vampire. Why does the action always get all the attention?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment