I've been a fan of Laura Lee Guhrke since I read To Dream Again (which is on my keeper shelf). I've been disappointed by a couple of her books, but I was looking forward to reading this one.
The Seduction by Laura Lee Guhrke
(1997, Victorian) 5/28/07
Grade: 4
Although her father expects her to find a titled husband, American heiress Margaret Van Alden is only interested in true love. Trevor St. James doesn’t believe in love, but he does believe in money - and he needs it desperately. So he hatches a plan to woo the reluctant Miss Van Alden - but somewhere in the midst of the adventures, he finds love anyway.
An entertaining road romance with enjoyable characters. Although this book doesn’t have the depth of some of Guhrke’s other books, I found it thoroughly entertaining and zipped through it in one evening. The characters were well written, the dialogue was amusing and the setting (mostly in Italy in the 1880’s) was unusual. I didn’t remember much about the book a week later, but I definitely enjoyed the ride.
I have several more of Guhrke's books in my TBR pile. I hope they are as enjoyable as this one was! It's nice to read a book that focuses on the characters and doesn't spend a lot of time on meaningless side plots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment